January 24, 2013

Honey Almond Oats


In attempt to eat healthier I created this easy oatmeal. 
It's just slightly sweet but has a lot of good flavor!


You will need:

1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla


Simply put all ingredients in a pan and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring regularly.


Sometimes I put all the ingredients in a pot the night before, stick it in the fridge and then in the morning all I have to do is heat it. You might need to add a little more almond milk in the morning if you do this because the oats will soak up the liquid over night as it sits.

[ makes 2 servings ]

1 comment:

  1. Not usually a breakfast person...but I am trying! I made this today because you made it for me once at your old apartment, and it was good enough to make again :) A yummy addition which you've probably already thought of and done, is to add a little almond butter. It boosts the almond flavor and makes it a bit more filling.

    ReplyDelete